Sunday, February 15, 2009

I obviously notice the motorcycle in the front of the picture. The picture effects me in a way that makes me feel a sense of freedom and danger. However, considering it is my father's motorcycle there is no way any dangerous kind of feeling. I would love to learn how to drive it, but it is too big. The chrome on the bike really stands out to me. Maybe it is because of the shine or reflection of me taking the picture.
In the center of the picture there is a nice motorcycle. It is not a "hard-core" biker sort of bike though. It is obviously not a Harley Davidson, because if you know bikes, a Harley has a certain kind of look. This photo is black and white so there is no color. The motorcycle has leather saddle-bags and seat. There is a house in the background with the garage open. There is what looks to be a car in the garage and there is a porch to the right of the garage.
The line quality is very good because the pipes on the bike leads the eye extremely well. There is no color in this black and white photograph, but black and white make the picture more dramatic. The placement in space is not very creative, but it is still an awesome picture for those who like motorcycles.
I don't think that the picture tells a story. It might tell a story to the owner of the motorcycle, but to those who look at it, it looks like a motorcycle sitting in front of a garage. The one word that describes this picture would be, "mid-life-crisis" or phrase I suppose. My father bought this motorcycle and my mother and I believe it was because he is in his 50s. So I guess in a way this picture does tell a story, if you know the story.
This photo connects with Edgar's work in that the shadows are very distinctive. Other wise his photos are in color where as my photo is in black and white. His work almost seems a little gestural to me and my photo is very sharp edges and very clear and clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment