Saturday, February 28, 2009

What I first notice about this picture is the how different this pasta looks compared to what we are normally used to. The green bowl sticks out the most because it is the most colorful object in the entire picture. It does not look to appetizing to me. I would try it, but it doesn't look like I would enjoy it very much.
There is a dark green bowl sitting on a wooden table. It is a certain type of pasta with some red peppers that look like they are sweet and not spicy. The noodles are covered in what seems to be alfredo sauce. It looks as if there may also be chicken strips in the entree as well.
The placement in space isn't very good. it may look as if it were floating if not for the very little piece of the table that one can see. There are not very many vibrant colors and it seems rather boring. The lines in the table add some interest and the light reflecting in the table also makes it seem a little more interesting.
I do not think this photo tells much of a story. If I were to name it with one word it would be "Italian" There is not much to this picture and it does not leave much open for the imagination. It is just a plate of food that could be bad or delicious. To me it does not look very appeasing to me.
Richard's work is very mass-like and is extremely different compared to this photo. His work is much more creative than the picture I have taken. His work also does not have much color mixed in with his work.

No comments:

Post a Comment