Friday, March 6, 2009


When I first see this picture I notice the white bottle standing out from the brown carpet. Whenever I see a bottle like this one, I always think of a headache because usually asprin comes in this kind of bottle. It also make me weary, becuase I am alergic to Ibuprofen so I need to be careful. Almost anyone sees this picture will think of headache medicine.
The background is a extremely dark and textured. It looks somewhat soft, but would be an uncomfortable night of sleep. There is a white medicine bottle with the directions facing towards the viewers. There is a child-saftey cap on the bottle so one knows that it is dangerous if i child were to eat it as if it were candy. There is a shadow on the carpet from the bottle facing the left side of the format.
The bottle might look like it were floating if there were no shadow showing the placement in space. There is not much color in this photo but I believe with the textured carpet and the unique placement on the floor.
This photo doesn't tell a story. It is just a bottle on the carpet. It may look interesting and if I were to name this photo with one word it would be "aches." Medicine is meant to help aches and pains and thats what I think of when i see this picture.
This photo relates to William's in that there are dark colors and shadow represented in his drawings. The only thing that seems to be different is the subject matter and how it is portrayed. William mostly has picture of people sitting, perhaps in mourning. My photo is less intresting and his subjects are harder to draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment